Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Outfit Post // My Wedding Dress

 Hey y'all!  Yesterday, Jesse and I, celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary!  It doesn't seem like we've already been married that long at all.  The weather is so gorgeous and exciting and it finally feels like spring.  Just like it was on our wedding day two years ago.  I decided to show y'all in this post, my wedding dress.  Dressing modestly and appropriately is something that I am very passionate about and I feel can be done prettily on all occasions, even on your wedding day.

It can be very difficult to find wedding gowns that don't cost a fortune, and even harder to find a modest one.  I actually found my dress at, don't laugh, a thrift store.  It costed a grand whopping total of $13!!!  My mother and I had bought it long before Jesse and I were ever pursuing a relationship with each other, just because it fit perfectly and was so pretty.  Little did I know that I would be wearing it in my wedding the very next spring.
 The dress is an antique that was in great condition.  We did have
mended a bit on some of the lace pieces because of its age, and turned out splendidly.
 I loved how incredibly comfortable the dress was and how well made it was too.
The lace is so intricately delicate and the sleeves were very pretty.
Also the material was very lightweight and breathable for an outdoor spring wedding.
  
 The bridesmaid dresses were all handmade by friends and the flower girl dresses were bought at a local children's store, but were altered a little.


Everything turned out so lovely!

//outfit details//
Wedding Dress: Thrift Store
Hair Piece: Hobby Lobby
Flowers in my hair: out of my bridesmaids bouquets
Necklace: a special gift
Barefoot! (oh yeah)


 I hope this has been helpful for some of y'all that are planning your own special day, helping someone else get ready for their wedding, or just to give you some helpful ideas for the future.

Hope y'all have an awesome day and thank you so much for stopping by! :-)
(oh, and by the way, I hope to be posting some of my
March photo challenge pictures real soon.  It's been awfully busy around here)
Happy St. Patrick's Day too!

3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful pictures! Happy anniversary y'all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Happy early anniversary to y'all as well. :-)
      Hope y'all are having a great day!

      -Alice Wright

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful dress I love it, I can't believe it cost $13 - such a great find!, The photos look amazing.

    Hope you are all having a wonderful day.
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from y'all! Anonymous comments are allowed so that those without accounts can comment as well, but it would be nice if y'all would please leave a form of name for identification. Also if there is anything you'd like to see a post on, let me know. I appreciate y'all stopping by and thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...