Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Celtic Knot // Hair Tutorial

Hey y'all!  It's been way too long since I posted a hair tutorial here.  Today's hairstyle is one of my very very favorites, the Celtic Knot.  Since I'm of Scottish and Irish decent, I've always loved Celtic hairstyles and braids and this one is super pretty and not terribly difficult once you get the hang of it after some practice. One thing that's really amazing about this knot, is that you don't have to pin it or anything. It just stays!  If you're worried about it though, you can use a couple of bobby pins to secure it a little more.  So without further-a-do, here's how to tie a Celtic Hair Knot:

Collect a group of hair from both sides of your head.  lake the one on the left and loop at as pictured above with the end crossing in front.
Next take the right strand under the loop.
make the right strand cross over the left's tail and pull it up behind the hair coming from the left.
Lastly, have that tail cross over the top of the loop, onder the strand in the middle of the loop, and over the bottom peice of the loop.  Straighten and tighten evenly. Voila! A beautiful Celtic knot!
Just keep practicing and I'm sure you'll get the hang of it in no time. :-)

(I hope all of that made enough sense)

And thank you to my best friend and sister-in-law
Gina Wright for being such an awesome hair model!


Are there any specific hairstyles that y'all would like a tutorial on?

What are some of y'all's favorite Celtic hairstyles?
I'd love to know about them!

I hope y'all are having a very blessed day. :-)



2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute hairstyle♥♥. Your hair is gorgeous♥♥.

    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, I thinkGina's hair is very pretty too! Thanks for stopping by.
      -Alice Wright

      Delete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from y'all! Anonymous comments are allowed so that those without accounts can comment as well, but it would be nice if y'all would please leave a form of name for identification. Also if there is anything you'd like to see a post on, let me know. I appreciate y'all stopping by and thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...