Pages

Monday, August 8, 2016

35 Weeks Pregnant


Hey y'all! I apologize for my blog being so heavy in "maternity related" posts, but I guess pregnancy is just kinda what's on my mind lately. ;-)



I'm 35 weeks!  Reaching 9 months!  We're almost there and it's getting so exciting!  My days are filled with the feeling of precious feet kicking me from the inside (I LOVE it!), swollen feet, heartburn, preparing his little space with adorable baby things, embracing the heat of this Alabama summer, and preparing for delivery day!  God is so good!  Last year at this time we we're going through a heartbreak of miscarriage and now I'm getting ready to hold another precious little son in my arms. 
Only, God knows what this life will have in store for us.  I just have to trust Him!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." -Proverbs 3:5-6

I've seen quite a lot of other pregnant bloggers do "pregnancy update" posts and I thought it as a fun idea. So.... here's mine:

My Baby's Size: About 18 inches long and weighing around 5 pounds.

Cravings: I am soooo in love with Italian foods and vinaigrettes right now!  Also, fresh fruits and cold water with lemon!

Sypmtoms: My feet are very swollen if I sit in one position for any length of time, LOTS of heartburn, but significantly less than when I was expecting Gavin.  I'm starting to feel pretty big, weighing the most I ever have in my entire life at a whopping 174 lbs!  And I've had quite a few false contractions within the last 2 weeks, but overall this has been a very healthy, comfortable pregnancy (aside from the morning sickness during the first month.  So glad that's over! Haha) and I am very blessed.  The Lord is good!

Reading: Though these books are not technically related to being pregnant, they are what I've been reading lately whenever I have the chance for some quiet time to just relax, put my feet up, and do some learning for personal growth.  In This House, We Will Giggle by Courtney DeFeo & Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend.  Both are good reads. The first has do with teaching your children virtues through fun, structured family actions and the second on a biblical view of when to say yes, no, and taking responsibility for your own life.

Appointments: I'm down to my last few Dr.'s appointments which are now every two weeks instead of four.  Next one is on Wednesday.  We're getting close!

Fun Purchases: His sweet little bed, newborn diapers (I was way too excited about buying tiny diapers again!  It's been a long time since I changed a little diaper.  click here to see how I potty-trained my 2-year-old in 3 days), some cute baby beach clothes for our family vacation coming up in October, and all the supplies for nursing again.  I loved breastfeeding Gavin and hope to get to do the same with Garrett.  It is such a precious time of bonding with the little one that is uniquely special for just mommy and baby.

Looking Forward To: Holding, kissing, hugging, and loving this new little bundle of joy from the outside of my belly. ;-)  Yes there is pain in the delivery, but it is soooooooo worth it!!!
"A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish because of the JOY that a child has been born into the world." -John 16:21

See Also:
Our Gender Reveal Party
10 Tips For Feeling Great While Pregnant
"Dear Moms of Little Ones"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from y'all! Anonymous comments are allowed so that those without accounts can comment as well, but it would be nice if y'all would please leave a form of name for identification. Also if there is anything you'd like to see a post on, let me know. I appreciate y'all stopping by and thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...