Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Outfit Post // Denim Shirt & Cowboy Boots

 Hey y'all! If anyone's known me very long at all, they know that I love country and western style clothes and am a huge fan of denim.  Here is one outfit that includes all of that!  I like the contrast between the dark blue, colored shirt on top with the lighter color of the skirt being on the bottom.  Adding the western cut, denim shirt and blue, trimmed, cowboy boots kept the common color (blue) and style (country western) theme consistent.  The flower color brings out the color of my skirt.  I love wearing outfits like this, because it can be dressed up or down according to the occasion.
 Fashion Tip: when choosing to wear a very, flouncy flowing or tiered skirt, it can usually be best to pair it with a more fitted top, and if that top is too fitted, than adding a flattering over shirt, shrug, vest, etc. will keep it more modest.

Also, I'm rather tall being 5'11" and have a hard time finding skirts that are long enough, or that don't accentuate my height.  Which is why I really like wearing tiered skirts that reach just below my knee with flattish, heeled boots; so as to kind of break up my long length from waist to toe and keeping me from looking too tall. :)
 // outfit details //
Shirt: Walmart
Camisole: Walmart
Denim Button-up: Vanity Fair Factory Outlet (I really like
shopping factory outlets for great deals and lower prices)
Skirt: Thrift Store
Leggings: Walmart
Cowboy Boots: Shoe Carnival
Flower Clip: Walmart
Necklace: Gift from Jesse
My husband likes it when I wear flowers in my hair, so I'm always trying to come up with different hairstyles that use them and other accessories.  This hairstyle was one that I just did in the car on the way, but I'm always trying to come up with new ones.

How do y'all wear your hair when you add flowers, bows, etc.?
What ways do y'all like to add denim to your outfit styles?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from y'all! Anonymous comments are allowed so that those without accounts can comment as well, but it would be nice if y'all would please leave a form of name for identification. Also if there is anything you'd like to see a post on, let me know. I appreciate y'all stopping by and thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...