Pages

Friday, September 19, 2014

Welcome!

   Welcome to this blog!  In this post I will try to briefly explain my reason for what I'm doing here and what's coming in the near future.  I would like to encourage girl's and ladies of all ages in some of the most common subjects that affect our daily lives from a Christian perspective.
 
      ~I hope to share things such as Christian modesty fashion ideas that are pretty
            as well as pleasing to the Lord,
     ~Hair tutorials
     ~Cooking delicious meals for your family on a tight budget
     ~Young mother ideas (because I am one :) )
     ~Beauty tips
     ~Encouragement and inspiration for young ladies
     ~And lots more!

   One of the main things that have been on my heart since I was about twelve years old is modesty.  I love to dress beautifully, yet also decent and in a way that I feel is honoring to God.  Clothing is one of women's main troubles; no matter what your age, it is something that we all must deal with.


   Clothes are one of the first things that people see and that defines us.  You can tell a lot about a person simply by what they are wearing.  Clothes shouldn't be something that totally consumes us, yet is something that we should be aware of.  It should be obvious as to whether or not we follow our Lord Jesus Christ by our appearance and attitude as well as by our words.

   In the present day "modesty movement" I see a few problems.  I'm afraid that we are spending more time arguing with one another about how short is too short for skirts, whether to wear pants or not, what colors and patterns OK or not, etc., that we are so caught up in the "rules" of modesty that we've somewhat unintentionally veered away from the "heart" behind the clothes.  If we are so self conscience about our appearance and are only being "modest" because we would look out of place otherwise, or just because that's what the cool Christians do, then we are not dressing for the right reasons.  Rather than judging the world, and complaining with each other in our long skirts, we should be striving more toward helping others to see Christ's saving love for them.  Don't get me wrong, I am ALL for dressing modestly, but not just for the sake of what others might think.  We need to be sure we are dressing for the Lord and not for man.  Anyway, I would like to show here from a common everyday life, ways to dress with a Christian purpose that promotes the Kingdom of God.

     I want to give fun fashionable ways to dress modestly and also feature functional and practical clothes that are cute as well modest.  I'm a country girl and do a lot of outdoor work so I hope to give you, from a southerner's perspective, some good ideas for modest clothes that are also practical in the Alabama heat and life on the farm.

   Hair Tutorials: I hope to post things like cool braids, historic hairstyles and ones from my heritage such as Scottish and Irish braids, ways to curl your hair, practical and fancy buns, and so much more!! These are definitely going to be one of my favorite series to post!:-)


   Budget meals is a subject that is constantly on my mind!  I'm a young wife and mother and definitely still learning all of this housekeeping stuff.  Also my husband and I run many home based businesses and are constantly on a crunched budget. So in this series I'll attempt to show y'all how I cook on a $100 a month grocery budget and still eat great yummy food and I'll include some recipes too.  I hope that this series may be helpful to someone :-) .


   "Young mother ideas" (I couldn't really come up with what to call this).  Basically, I hope to give tips and tools that I'm learning on my journey as a new mommy and wife as I learn them and also cool baby stuff I've found as well!


   "Beauty tips",  these will be things like natural face cleansers to aid in getting rid of pimples, healthy hair and skin treatment, and tons more to come in this series!

   Also in addition to everything else, above all I want to provide encouragement to Christian ladies of all ages and in every walk of life;  reminding them of God's unfailing love.  It's easy to get caught up in the stresses and things of this life, but we don't need to loose sight of the joy that is found in Christ! So take time today and be thankful for the little things and remember what all the Lord has done and is doing in your life.  Everything may not be seeming to go as you want, but God sees the bigger picture and has a great plan for your life!

  Thanks so much for stopping by and check back regularly to see what's new :-) !


" Finally brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, Whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Philippians 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from y'all! Anonymous comments are allowed so that those without accounts can comment as well, but it would be nice if y'all would please leave a form of name for identification. Also if there is anything you'd like to see a post on, let me know. I appreciate y'all stopping by and thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...