Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Topknot Hair Tutorial / / Nature Walk

Hey y'all, Happy New Year!  I don't know about you, but where we are, it's been raining constantly for over a week and when we took these pictures was the first time we'd seen the sun in what seemed like forever!  So, we were so excited to get out and go on a nice long walk (and go hunting!).  This is basically the way I did my hair during all of those rainy days.  It also worked great for a practical updo during our long walk in the woods and it's so simple.
Topknot How To:
Lean all of your hair to one side (same direction as your natural part), lift it all straight up, then twist and pile loosely on top of your head. I fastened it with spin pins.  You can make the bun messy and loose or tighter by how tight or loose you twist it.



It was a gorgeous day and  Gavin was being such a good little guy.  I haven't posted many pictures of him in a while.  So, here are a few pictures of our cute, 7 month old (I can hardly believe he's already that old!), baby boy, Gavin all dressed up in his hunting clothes. :)


 He had fun riding around on his daddy, but finally fell fast asleep.





Anyway, thanks for stopping by!  How do y'all wear your hair on rainy days?  Or when hunting?  Or on long walks?  I hope your New Year is off to a great start!  Time flies by so fast, so be sure and take the time to stop, slow down, and appreciate the little things.

5 comments:

  1. Love how your hair tutorials are well explained :) baby Gavin is such a cutie you can truly see the happiness and joy in his little face. Great photo shoot.

    Hope you are all having a lovely day.
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! I really appreciate your comments too. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Alice! I would LOVE to subscribe to your blog but can't find a way to do that. Is there any way to be notified of new posts through Blogger? Thanks so much!

    Madyson (From Joyfully His)

    PS- Gavin is SOOOO adorable! What a sweet little blessing, (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and for following my blog! Also, I've added a new button to the top of my blog to make it easier to follow. Thanks for pointing that out (sorry it took so long for me to reply). I really appreciate your sweet comments as well.

      Delete
    2. Aww.. You're welcome!
      And yay! Looking forward to seeing the new things you post!

      Delete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from y'all! Anonymous comments are allowed so that those without accounts can comment as well, but it would be nice if y'all would please leave a form of name for identification. Also if there is anything you'd like to see a post on, let me know. I appreciate y'all stopping by and thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...